(2) Joint Mediation Statement

 At any time following the submission of the discovery plan, the parties may request the court refer a case for mediation with a mediator from the court’s approved panel of mediators or any district or magistrate judge by filing a Joint Mediation Statement, setting forth the date by which they request mediation occur.