General Information FAQs

The Clerk's Office is fortunate to have an experienced and dedicated staff. While we encourage you to call us if you have questions, we hope you will first take the time to research your inquiry using the various sections of this web site. To expedite your research this section provides answers to those frequently asked questions about the court and its procedures. We hope you find them helpful and informative.

  • What are the current witness fees?
    Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1821, a witness in a court of the United States is entitled to a $40 witness fee as well as round trip mileage at the rate set by the General Services Administration.
  • Where are federal tax liens filed in New Hampshire?
    In general, 26 U.S.C. § 6323(f), in conjunction with RSA 454-B:2, determines where federal tax liens are filed in New Hampshire. A federal tax lien on real property is filed in the registry of deeds in the county where the real property subject to the lien is situated. Depending on the nature of the lien, a federal tax lien on personal property is filed in either the office of the secretary of state or the office of the city or town clerk where the person against those interest the lien applies resides.